- Buse, C., Nettleton, S., Martin, D. Working relationships and collaboration on design and construction projects for care, Construction safety and engagement with a multinational workforce: experiences and challenges from the UK and Denmark, University of Reading, 28th November 2018.
- Buse, C., Nettleton, N., Martin, D., Patrick, M., McGinley, C. Translating dementia friendly design: Following building projects for later life care, UK Dementia Congress, Brighton, 6-8 November 2018.
- Patrick, M., Buse, C., Martin, D., McGinley, C. and Nettleton, S. Building with Care: Learning from the design and construction of architecture for later life, RIBA Research Matters Conference, University of Sheffield, 18 – 19th October 2018
- Nettleton, S. Buse, C. Martin, D. Patrick, M. and McGinley, C. Building stories: representations of architectural design, commissioning and construction of settings for later life care. BSA 50th Annual Medical Sociology Conference, Glasgow Caledonian University 12th September 2018.
- Buse, C., Nettleton, N., Martin, D. Design and construction for dementia care: Following ‘buildings in the making’, York Minds and Voices [DEEP – the Dementia Engagement and Empowerment Project], Wheatlands Grove York, 23rd July 2018.
- Buse, C., Nettleton, N., Martin, D. Everyday creativity in architectural design and construction, Everyday Creativity: A Morgan Centre Conference, University of Manchester, 10-22 July 2018.
- Martin, D., Nettleton, S. and Buse, C. Biographies, bricks and belonging: architectural imaginaries of home-making in later life, British Society of Gerontology 47th Annual Conference, University of Manchester, 4 -6 July 2018.
- Buse, C., Nettleton, N., Martin, D. Architectural design for care in later life: following ‘buildings in the making’, Yorkshire & Humber Region Housing LIN Meeting, The Octagon, Hull, June 19th 2018.
- Patrick, M., Buse, C., Martin, D., McKinlay, C. and Nettleton, S. Ecologies of Care: designing, construtcing and living with care (homes), European Healthcare Design Conference Royal College of Physicians, London, 11-13th June 2018. [Poster Presentation]
- Buse, C., Nettleton, N., Martin, D., Patrick, M., McGinley, C. Design for dementia in practice: Following ‘buildings in the making’, Shifting Paradigms in Dementia 5: Architecture, Design and Dementia, University of Stirling May 31st 2018. [invited talk]
- Buse, C., Nettleton, S., Twigg, J., and Martin, D. Well-being and Materiality, National Heritage Science Forum event: Health, Well-being and Cultural Heritage: Research, Evidence and Practice, Tate Modern, London, 12th September 2017. [invited talk]
- Annandale, E. Beynon-Jones, S., Buse, C., Martin, D., and Nettleton, S. ‘Virtual Collectives’ and ‘embodied individuals’: architects drawing stakeholders into alignment in the building of care homes for later life, BSA Medical Sociology Conference, University of York, 13-15 September 2017.
- Buse, C., Nettleton, S., Twigg, J., and Martin, D. Identity, Material Objects and the Built Environment, International masterclass on design for dementia 1st June 2017, University of Stirling.
- Prior, L. Thinking about design … and its implications for health research, BSA Yorkshire Medical Sociology Group meeting Healthy spaces: space, place and design for well-being, University of York, 17th May 2017.
- Nettleton, S. Buse, C. and Martin, D. Making Places for Care: An Exploration of Materials and the Liveliness of Things in the Design of Residential Care Homes for Later Life, Research Seminar Series: Exploring Sensory And Material Methodologies Seminar Brunel University London, 5th May 2017
- Martin, D. Buse, C. and Nettleton, S. The material cultures and affective atmospherics of care in later life. British Sociological Association Annual Conference. Manchester, 6th April 2017.
- Nettleton, S. Buse, C. Martin, D. et al. Managing body ‘matter’ in architectural design for later life. The sociological gaze: reflecting on David Armstrong’s contribution to medical sociology Guy’s Hospital, London, 31st March 2017
- Martin, D., Nettleton, S., and Buse, C. Future care, architecturally induced: the role of the body in designs for later life. ICC 6th International Conference on Architecture Competitions, Leeds Metropolitan University, 27-29th October 2016.
- Buse, C., Nettleton, S., Martin, D., and Twigg, J. Images of ageing in architectural design for older people. Paper presented at 4S/EASST Science & technology by other means: Exploring collectives, spaces and futures, Barcelona, August 31- 3rd September 2016.
- Nettleton, S., Buse, C. and Martin, D. Envisioning bodies and architectures of care: reflections on competition designs for older people, Ageing Societies: Transnational contexts, technologies & practices, Leeds, July 2016.
- Annandale, E., Beynon-Jones, S, Buse, C., Martin, D., and Nettleton, S. Architects Designing for Care: Knowledge brokers in times of change, 3rd ISA Forum of Sociology, Vienna, 10-14 July 2016.
- Annandale, E. Beynon-Jones, S, Buse, C., Martin, D., and Nettleton, S. Compromising for care: architects as designers and knowledge brokers in the context of later life, ESA RN16 Mid-term conference, 19th – 21st May 2016.
- Buse, C. Material methods for research with people with dementia: dress and architecture, Dementia and Everyday Life Workshop, University of Manchester, April 2016.
- Buse, C., Nettleton, S., Martin, D., and Twigg, J. Bodies in mind: Architects conceptions of the ageing body when designing for care, BSA Medical Sociology Conference, University of York, 9-11 September 2015.
- Nettleton, S. Buse, C., Martin, D., and Twigg, J. Architects conceptions of the ageing body when designing for residential care in later life, Materialities of Care: Encountering Health and Illness Through Objects, Artefacts, and Architecture, York, 16-17th September 2015.
Daryl Martin was interviewed by Laurie Taylor along with Ian Sinclair and Christine Murray for an episode of Thinking Allowed devoted to architecture and health
‘Buildings in the Making’: A Sociological Exploration of Architectural Design for Care, 18th September 2018, The Hospitium, Museum Gardens, York YO30 7DR.
Participatory workshop [invited participants], Architectural design and construction for later life care: challenges and opportunities for designing with and for building users, June 2018, Kings Manor, University of York.
Roundtable Discussion [invited participants], Working relationships in construction and architectural design, 15th February, 23 Peasholme Green, York YO1 7PR. 2018